Sunday, January 31, 2010

Disney Down Days

So who has heard of Disney Quest? That's where I'm working!!!

Actually, I lie... that is where I will be working, one of these days, fingers crossed. My schedule is slow and training hasn't even started yet, which makes me sad as I watch all my room mates head off to their fun jobs and I am left at home to do nothing. I know that once I have finished training they have to give me at least 30 hours of work a week, it's just getting me down at the moment.

On a happier note, my first visit to the Magic Kingdom was everything that I imagined! It was amazing. It really is like leaving the real world and walking into a dream (I realise that sounds corny but there is no other way to describe it). Our plan was to go straight to Space Mountain, which unfortunately, was broken down, so we headed over to the nearby Buzz Lightyear ride, which was so fun, definitely one of my favourites so far. By the time we got out of that, Space Mountain was up and running again! I'll admit it's not as scary as I remember the Disney Land one to be, but when I went on that I was about 10, so it's quite possibly similar and I just remember it being worse. It was still awesome though, we laughed the whole ride!

This had given us a taste for fast rides, so we decided Frontier Land was next, and a ride on the Thunder Mountain Railroad was in order. The lines this day were short so we got on after just a few minutes, and were loving life, laughing our heads off again, screaming even at the none scary parts... then it stopped. Still laughing we assumed it was part of the ride... minutes passed. Nope. We were stuck! Well we thought this was hysterical! It was actually a much more fun experience than you would expect, definitely a great story to tell your friends, and the Disney Cast who had to get us off the ride were awesome and funny.

Broken seemed to be the theme of the day. Haunted Mansion and It's A Small World were also down, and Splash Mountain has been dry for awhile now, but due to reopen soon. We still managed to have an amazing time.

I am in LOVE with Mickey's PhilharMagic and plan to visit everytime I am in the Kingdom. The highlight of the day however, was most definitely Wishes. I've never been hugely fussed by fireworks, but the combination of them with the music and quotes and just the general atmosphere, the view of the Castle, it was really special and I may or may not have shed a little tear at the overwhelming feeling that I GET TO LIVE HERE! WORK HERE! HOLYSHITBALLS!!

On that note, I think it's time for me to start my homework so that when I start work I can spend all my free time at the parks loving life, and not stuck behind some silly computer.

Before I go though, I need some advice. Should I or should I not go skydiving whilst in the USA?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! My roommate is working at DisneyQuest- her name is Becca and she's amazing. You guys are going to have so much fun! Wishes is my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE. I'm so glad you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete